[389-users] Reg ldif file import/export and ldap replication over ldaps

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri May 27 15:00:49 UTC 2011

On 05/27/2011 12:11 AM, s.varadha rajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can i get any update on my below query ?
>
> Regards,
> Varad
>
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 6:17 PM, s.varadha rajan
> <rajanvaradhu at gmail.com <mailto:rajanvaradhu at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     We are using Ubuntu 10.04 server OS and all the web applications
>     are running on that.We have already implemented fedora-ds for ldap
>     auth.now we are planning to go some up-gradation.kindly let me
>     know the following,
>
>     1.How to migrate running fedora-ds server to another server ?
>
>     2.i have taken all the user/group+etc in ldif format.is
>     <http://format.is> it enough for migration or any other db
>     (/var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-<instance>) also need to bacup ?

LDIF should be fine.

>     if any procedure please share with me ? how to import/export .ldif
>     file

/usr/lib[64]/dirsrv/slapd-INSTNAME/db2ldif - export database to ldif
/usr/lib[64]/dirsrv/slapd-INSTNAME/ldif2db - import database from ldif

>     3.in <http://3.in> our setup,one server is in public network.so i
>     am planning to do replication through "ldaps", i.e local server to
>     public server replication through highly secure how to ?

Not exactly, but there is plenty of documentation - see
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Managing_Replication-Replication_Overview