[389-users] Hiding key fields from ldap searches

David Hoskinson david.hoskinson at datatrak.net
Tue Nov 8 18:46:48 UTC 2011

We have been able to run ldapsearchs that revealed what we consider private info on certain fields such as sambalmpassword, sambantpassword for example.  Even though they are crypted we would like to restrict certain fields to directory managers and not anonymous searches.  I believe this is what the aci's are for, but I am fuzzy on how this works.  If someone could verify I would appreciate it and lead me in the right direction.  We are trying to keep regular users from seeing these fields.

thanks

David Hoskinson | DATATRAK International
Systems Engineer
Mayfield Heights, Ohio, USA
+1.440.443.0082 x 124 (p) | +1.216.280.5457 (m)
david.hoskinson at datatrak.net<mailto:david.hoskinson at datatrak.net> | www.datatrak.net<http://www.datatrak.net/>