[389-users] Log rotate question

Moisés Barba Pérez mbarperoi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:01:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

I would like to configure the errors, access and audit logs to rotate every
day at 00:00, regardless of the current size of the log, I would like to
rotate them in files of 100MB each one, and finally, not to limit the
number of log files.

The thing is:

1.- To rotate every day at 00:00 I guess is:
nsslapd-accesslog-logrotationtime:1 -> Each 1
nsslapd-accesslog-logrotationtimeunit: day -> day
nsslapd-accesslog-logrotationsync-enable: on -> do rotate at
nsslapd-accesslog-logrotationsynchour: 0 -> hour 00
nsslapd-accesslog-logrotationsyncmin: 0 -> minute 00

2.- To rotate at log size:
nsslapd-accesslog-maxlogsize: 100 -> rotate at size of 100MB

3.- Not to limit the number of log files:
nsslapd-accesslog-logmaxdiskspace: -1

The question is about "nsslapd-accesslog-maxlogsperdir" because if you try
to modify "nsslapd-accesslog-logmaxdiskspace" to -1 the dirsrv console say
that the value is lower than "nsslapd-accesslog-maxlogsperdir". I can set
the values using ldapmodify with a ldif file but... Can't I delete
"nsslapd-accesslog-maxlogsperdir", set to null or something like that?
Maybe "nsslapd-accesslog-logmaxdiskspace" value of -1 set the maxlogsperdir
to undefined?

I would than you if you clarify this to me.

Regards,
Moses.