[389-users] UID Number Limitations

Tom Tucker tktucker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 14:46:10 UTC 2011

Thanks for the feedback.

If I comment out "auth   requisite   pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet" in
the system-auth file I was able to login with a UID of 108.  Assuming this
restrictions is controlled on the Linux system, why do I experience no
problems when authenticating against the Sun One DS? I agree, the proper
fix would be to change users UID higher than 500.