[389-users] 389 pauses every 5 minutes under load

Justin Gronfur justin.gronfur at pedigreetechnologies.com
Wed Oct 12 22:15:39 UTC 2011

On 10/12/2011 03:07 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> This is helpful.  Any chance you could paste the entire stack traces?
> For example,
> #0  0x0000003735c3c868 in slapi_get_mapping_tree_node_by_dn at plt ()
> from /usr/lib64/dirsrv/libslapd.so.0
> #0  0x0000003735c4ad38 in slapi_dn_normalize_ext () from
> /usr/lib64/dirsrv/libslapd.so.0
> etc. are nice to have, but much better would be the entire stack
> traces of these calls so we can see where they are called from.

Attached is a set of full gstack dumps taken at 1 second intervals.  The
majority of it consists of select/poll/etc... calls that I filtered out
last time, but left in this time for context.

One of my coworkers wanted me to mention that we use long running ldap
connections (bound to a user's session for the duration of that session
unless the session is replicated to another jvm instance).  I know that
isn't really standard, but I don't think that should cause these problems.

Tomorrow I'm planning on writing a forking bash process to push the
exact same requests under the exact same load at 389 to determine if it
is a problem caused by the java code or container itself (by eliminating
them completely).  I'll keep you posted on the result of this.

Thanks,
Justin