[389-users] limit account to see only certain values

Karoly Czovek karoly.czovek at moveoneinc.com
Wed Sep 7 07:49:29 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I want to limit a few technical user, to see only certain attributes. but it fails.

1) added the userc cn=emailServerLookup under ou=Administrators,ou=TopologyManagement,o=NetscapeRoot

2) set up an ACL named emailServer on the top of my dc=example,dc=com , added that user , limited the reachable attributes to mail*

Do i  missed anything?
Once i run a lookup, i get back every attributes, not just the ones what i gave access to, even the passwords.

I don't want do disable anonymous lookup while this one is not working. Any idea?

--
Karoly CZOVEK
Global Systems Administrator

Eastern Europe - Balkans - CIS&   Central Asia - Middle East&   Africa -
Asia Pacific
phone: +36 1 266 0181 - ext.6710
mobile: +36 70 708 9953
skype: mo_karoly.czovek