[389-users] problem with admin client

Ellsworth, Josh jellsworth at primaticsfinancial.com
Wed Sep 14 15:09:38 UTC 2011

A colleague set up 389DS and used the IP address as the hostname during
the setup. I am having trouble connecting to the admin server using the
windows client. The error message I received is as follows:

Cannot connect to the Admin Server
"http://lemming02.evolvsuite.local:9830/"

The URL is not correct or the server is not running.

I remember having issues like this when I was first trying out the
product and it was related to DNS names. I verified that the admin
server is running and I can telnet to the correct port, so this isn't a
firewall issue.

I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Thanks!

Josh