[389-users] Question on certificate storage

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Sep 23 19:24:43 UTC 2011

I'm trying to setup MMR with another office site.  We're trying to connect
over SSL, but my server gives the error:

[23/Sep/2011:12:00:56 -0600] slapi_ldap_bind - Error: could not send bind
request for id [cn=Replication Manager,cn=config] mech [SIMPLE]: error 81
(Can't contact LDAP server) -8179 (Peer's Certificate issuer is not
recognized.) 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)

I've added what I believe are the proper CA certs (it is a chain of 3) for the
remote server to my directory server via the 389-console and manage
certificates.  However, I noticed that when I use certutil on the server to
list the certificates, I don't see them:

# certutil  -d /etc/dirsrv/slapd-cora/ -L

Certificate Nickname                                         Trust Attributes
                                                              SSL,S/MIME,JAR/XPI

CA certificate                                               CT,,
server-cert                                                  u,u,u

I would have thought they would be stored in the same place.  If not, where
are the one listed in the console stored?  Does it matter that they aren't
showing up with certutil?

Anything else I can do to debug the SSL connection?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com