[389-users] Password expiration policy problem

David Hoskinson david.hoskinson at datatrak.net
Thu Sep 29 11:33:26 UTC 2011

I have configured our directory server to have a global password policy in the directory server, under Data-> Passwords.  The policy we have elected to use the password expires in 45 days.  For the last 15 days it has been warning me to change it.  I have on several occasions changed it by typing password in a terminal window and changing it.  This has been successful and new password is active.  However the next time I login the count down has not been reset.  I was wondering what would happen when it got to 0 so I let that happen today.  As expected it prompted me to change my password and reset it.  However when I log back in I am still at 0 and hence cannot login to the machine.  I looked at the passwordexpirationtime on my account and it reads 20111113112125Z as I believe it should since it was reset today.  Still can't login, and account says I am at 0 days...

Thanks for any help...

David Hoskinson | DATATRAK International
Systems Engineer
Mayfield Heights, Ohio, USA
+1.440.443.0082 x 124 (p) | +1.216.280.5457 (m)
david.hoskinson at datatrak.net<mailto:david.hoskinson at datatrak.net> | www.datatrak.net<http://www.datatrak.net/>