[389-users] Question about expired/expiring passwords

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Thu Aug 9 20:40:20 UTC 2012

It's up to the client to support warnings about password expiration (that
true in general, not just where LDAP is involved).  I have no idea how, or
even if, WS_FTP, Filezilla or pGina support that, but I suspect they don't.

In my environment I've written scripts that will send emails when a password
is close to expiration, since the clients many of our users connect with
will never do it.