[389-users] ldapsearch getting wrong base

Fosiul Alam fosiul at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 10:01:49 UTC 2012

Hi Bellow search should return some result ( and its working on my test lab)
but in production server .. i believe its getting the wrong base :

# # base <dc=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan> (default) with scope subtree

it should be l=uk.
bellow is the search :

ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest'
"uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan"
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# # base <dc=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan> (default) with scope subtree
# filter: uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan
# requesting: ALL
#
# search result
search: 3
result: 32 No such object
matchedDN: dc=fosiul,dc=lan

# numResponses: 1

can any one please tel me how to fix query ?? i am  stuck now ..
Thanks