[389-users] ldapsearch getting wrong base

Fosiul Alam fosiul at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 10:52:40 UTC 2012

Hi thanks

But

dapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -b "l=uk"
"uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan"

it does not return anything

you meant to put

dapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -b "
l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan""
"uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan"

??  still it does not return anything

also what you meant by to change value in ldap.conf ??

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Juan Asensio Sánchez <okelet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yo should use parameter "-b" in ldapsearch:
>
> ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -b "l=uk"
> "uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan"
>
> Or change the default values in ldap.conf.
>
> Regards.
>
> 2012/8/13 Fosiul Alam <fosiul at gmail.com>:
>> Hi Bellow search should return some result ( and its working on my test lab)
>> but in production server .. i believe its getting the wrong base :
>>
>> # # base <dc=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan> (default) with scope subtree
>>
>> it should be l=uk.
>> bellow is the search :
>>
>> ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest'
>> "uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan"
>> # extended LDIF
>> #
>> # LDAPv3
>> # # base <dc=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan> (default) with scope subtree
>> # filter: uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan
>> # requesting: ALL
>> #
>> # search result
>> search: 3
>> result: 32 No such object
>> matchedDN: dc=fosiul,dc=lan
>>
>> # numResponses: 1
>>

>> can any one please tel me how to fix query ?? i am  stuck now ..
>> Thanks
>> --

Regards
Fosiul Alam