[389-users] GUI errors when viewing replication agreements

Wes Hardin wes.hardin at maxim-ic.com
Tue Aug 28 16:33:54 UTC 2012

On 08/28/2012 11:21 AM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> On 08/28/2012 10:19 AM, Wes Hardin wrote:
>> On 08/28/2012 10:23 AM, Wes Hardin wrote:
>>> When viewing replication agreements in the 389-console (under the Configuration
>>> tab, Replication, userRoot), the first time I select each replication agreement,
>>> I am greeted by an error window titled "Insufficient Permissions" stating "The
>>> user cn=root does not have the permission to perform this operation."
>> I found I am able to get rid of this error popup by populating the "Description"
>> field for each replication agreement.  I am able to set and save the description
>> under the "Configuration" tab, but I still cannot modify the schedule or
>> connection details here.
>>
> What is your platform?  What version of 389-ds-base, 389-admin, and
> 389-ds-console?  Are you logging into the console as "admin" or as
> "cn=directory manager"?  Do you have any trouble editing any other
> fields in any other config tabs, or is this problem strictly limited to
> editing replication agreements?  Have you filed a ticket at
> https://fedorahosted.org/389?

cn=root is my directory manager account.

I'm using 389-console 1.1.7-0ubuntu1 on Kubuntu 12.04, but I have colleagues who
run the 389-console from the server (389-console-1.1.7-3.el5.noarch) and see the
same error.

These are the packages on the server, which is CentOS 5.7:
# rpm -qa 389-\*
389-admin-1.1.29-1.el5.x86_64
389-console-1.1.7-3.el5.noarch
389-ds-base-libs-1.2.10.4-5.el5.x86_64
389-admin-console-1.1.8-1.el5.noarch
389-ds-base-devel-1.2.10.4-5.el5.x86_64
389-ds-base-1.2.10.4-5.el5.x86_64
389-ds-console-1.2.6-1.el5.noarch
389-ds-console-doc-1.2.6-1.el5.noarch
389-adminutil-1.1.15-1.el5.x86_64
389-admin-console-doc-1.1.8-1.el5.noarch
389-adminutil-devel-1.1.15-1.el5.x86_64

I use the Apache Directory Studio for most of my general directory data
management.  I typically only use the 389-console for 389-specific configuration
changes.  The only other time I notice getting this message is when I first
click on the "Configuration" tab.  I am still able to change values and click
save them though.  I tested this by changing the max number of entries returned.

--
/* Wes Hardin */
UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator, IT Engineering Support