[389-users] console X11 issue

Doug Tucker tuckerd at lyle.smu.edu
Thu Dec 20 21:04:34 UTC 2012

I got it installed with the epel.  Thanks to Rich for that!  Doing an
ldapsearch on the base works, yea!  I cannot launch the console though.
When I try I get this:

/usr/bin/389-console -a http://localhost:9830
Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException:
No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation
which requires it.
     at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:173)
     at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:477)
     at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:419)
     at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:384)
     at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:174)
     at com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.<init>(Unknown
Source)
     at com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.main(Unknown Source)

Googling reveals people not passing X through their ssh session.  I am
by ssh -X hostname.  I have tried from 2 different X clients and get the
same results.  Any ideas?

--
Sincerely,

Doug Tucker