[389-users] Importing certificates during setup-ds.pl - is this possible?

Chun Tat David Chu beyonddc.storage at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 03:47:14 UTC 2012

Hi Graham,

I too haven't done enabling SSL using setup-ds.pl, and I don't believe
setup-ds.pl was written to allow you to configure SSL as part of directory
server initial setup.

Of course you can modify setup-ds.pl per your need to configure SSL in one
shot but now you will be maintaining your own version of setup-ds.pl and
you have to keep in sync with the latest setup-ds.pl if you decide to
reinstall the LDAP with the latest version or for other reasons.

What I have been doing is similar to what Vlad suggested.  I ran
setup-ds.plfirst and then run my own script to configure SSL and
replication.  I
believe the Red Hat Directory Server Administration has instructions on how
to configure SSL via command-line.

Good luck!

- dc