[389-users] admserv_host_ip_check: ap_get_remote_host could not resolve

MATON Brett Brett.Maton at nrb.be
Tue Feb 7 08:05:29 UTC 2012

How can I stop admin server from logging theses messages?

I realize from the console.conf file that the messages are created
because HostnameLookups is Off.

My /etc/dirsrv.admin-serv/httpd.conf file has LogLevel set to warn, so
why is it logging notice messages?

I'm probably overlooking some other configuration file somewhere.

Any help appreciated

As a side note, why is it whining about name resolution when the
configuration specifically says Don't do name lookups?

This e-mail and any attachments, which may contain information that is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights, are intended for the exclusive use of the above-mentioned addressee(s). Any use (including reproduction, disclosure and whole or partial distribution in any form whatsoever) of their content is prohibited without prior authorization of NRB. If you have received this message by error, please contact the sender promptly by resending this e-mail back to him (her), or by calling the above number. Thank you for subsequently deleting this e-mail and any files attached thereto.