[389-users] ACI for read only access

Walter Neu w.neu at eurodata.de
Tue Feb 14 07:17:55 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm confused about ACI and need some help from the experts....

I want to create an ACI for read only access to a certain branch of my
LDAP tree. Therefor I created the following ACI

(targetattr = "userPassword || uid") (target =
"ldap:///ou=AABenutzer,ou=eurodatasb,dc=eurodata,dc=de") (version
3.0;acl "read only";allow (read)(userdn =
"ldap:///uid=ro_user,ou=Special Users,dc=eurodata,dc=de");)

But when I am authenticated with user ro_user, I got information which
are outside the branch ou=AABenutzer,ou=eurodatasb,dc=eurodata,dc=de

What I'm doing wrong???

Thanks