[389-users] CMP operations against pwdPolicySubentry hanging

Iain Morgan Iain.Morgan at nasa.gov
Thu Feb 23 20:13:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 18:19:10 -0600, Rich Megginson wrote:
> On 02/15/2012 03:51 PM, Iain Morgan wrote:

> >> Thanks.  Can you do this again after installing the
> >> 389-ds-base-debuginfo package?
> >> debuginfo-install 389-ds-base
> > Ah, sorry about that. Here's the updated output.
> >
> >> Are you using Views?
> >> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/using-views.html
> > No.
> >
> Thanks!  This looks like a symptom of
> https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/247 fixed in 1.2.10

Hello Rich,

Thanks, I upgraded both of the servers to 1.2.10.1. Unfortunately, it
did not resolve the issue. I also noticed that if I run the same
ldapcompare command after the first try fails, the server crashes. I
can't say whether that is a change in the behaviour, but it is a new
observation.

I've attached gdb output for the case where the first ldapcompare is
hanging. And, I've also attached the gdb analysis of the core dump.

--
Iain Morgan