[389-users] Announcing 389 bugzilla is moving to 389 trac

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 23:12:13 UTC 2012

The 389 team will be switching to trac for keeping track of
bugs/enhancement requests/issues instead of Red Hat Bugzilla.

* Why?

We needed a clear separation between "upstream" 389 development and
"downstream" Red Hat product/process.  It was getting too confusing
using bugzilla for both upstream and downstream.  We needed an issue
tracking tool that was focused only on the upstream 389.  Most of the
other related groups such as freeipa, sssd, dogtag, and others have
already moved to use trac.

* What happens to 389 bugs in bugzilla?

Nothing.  They are still there.  You can continue to use bugzilla.  All
of the open issues have been copied to trac.  You can still use bugzilla
to refer to the older issues.  We have an internal tool we use that
links bugzilla bugs to trac so we can find "unlinked" bugs/tickets and
create links, copy bugs, etc.

* What if I find an issue with a particular Fedora/EPEL release?

Go ahead and file the bug in bugzilla against Product: Fedora or Fedora
EPEL and Component: 389-ds-base (or whatever component).  The 389
development team will triage the bug.  If it affects upstream, we will
copy it into a trac ticket.  When we fix the bug and push out a package
containing the fix, we will update the bugzilla bug, so if you don't
care about what happens in the upstream, you don't have to worry about
it.  You can just pay attention to the bugzilla Fedora/EPEL bug and find
out when a package containing the fix is released.

* Where is the new trac?

https://fedorahosted.org/389

* How do I see the tickets?

https://fedorahosted.org/389/report - there are various reports to see
tickets

* How do I file a new ticket, or add myself to the CC list of an
existing ticket?

You must first have a Fedora Account - see
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

Once you login, you should see a link for New Ticket, and you should be
able to modify/add comments to existing tickets.