[389-users] LDAP URL extension to support the server side sort control?

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Mon Jan 9 15:03:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am currently trying to find out whether there is a standard way of adding the server side sort control described in RFC2891 to an LDAP URL.

LDAP URLs are described as having an "extensions" section, but I'm struggling to work out what the extensions should be that would add the sort control to a search URL. If a syntax already exists for this, I'm keen to use it rather than inventing my own.

Or to state it another way:

ldap://host.com:6666/o=University%20of%20Michigan,
            c=US??sub?(cn=Babs%20Jensen)?[what-goes-here-to-support-sorting]

Is anyone able to confirm?

Regards,
Graham