[389-users] SNMP MIB's returning nothing

Alan Milligan alan.milligan at last-bastion.net
Sun Jan 22 04:42:30 UTC 2012

I've been investigating an issue with the ldap-snmp suite and why my
snmpwalk is not retrieving anything for dsOpsTable nor dsEntriesTable
MIBs, just returning OIDs for dsEntityTable.

I'm using
http://linux.last-bastion.net/LBN/up2date/aim/13/389-ds-base-1.2.10-0.4.a4.lbn13.x86_64.rpm
a vanilla build from Fedora-15-updates against essentially FC13, in
particular with
http://linux.last-bastion.net/LBN/up2date/core/13/net-snmp-5.5-17.lbn13.x86_64.rpm
(another vanilla FC13 package).  There are no indication in the source
code that this version of net-snmp is unsuitable, nor are there any
warnings/errors out of the build.

When I stick agentx debug on with snmpd, I see *all* of the OID's being
requested, but the only ones coming back are the dsEntityTable ones (and
the most useless ones for any sort of monitoring).  So, the agentx
registration of MIB's at least appears to be correct.

A cn=snmp,cn=monitor ldapsearch retrieves a complete set of information,
so I've no reason to suspect the information is not available. (I had
been going to use the ZenPacks.community.FDS Zenoss MIB ZenPack to
monitor a number of LDAP servers, but have had to write a new cn=monitor
based one instead).

Does anyone have any idea as to where this problem may reside?

Regards,
Alan