[389-users] Syncing multiple OUs

Chris Visser chris.visser at rtt.co.za
Mon Jul 9 13:48:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've got 389-ds configured and I'm busy setting up my sync agreement with my Windows AD server.

My AD has nested OUs e.g.
-DivisionOU1
--BranchOU
---Department1OU
---Department2OU
--Branch2OU
---Department1OU
---Department2OU

All my users and groups sit in the Department OUs and if I setup my agreement to sync on the Department OU it syncs the users in OU.

If I however  point it higher up in the hierarchy it doesn't go down the levels and sync the OUs below it.

Do I need to setup a separate agreement for each OU?  Or is there a way I can sync the whole DivisionOU recursively?

I tried searching on the internet for the answer, but all I come across are other people asking the same question and receiving no answer.

Chris Visser
Linux/Network Infrastructure