[389-users] Ldap authentication to multiple samba servers

David Hoskinson david.hoskinson at datatrak.net
Wed Jul 18 16:01:30 UTC 2012

We are using 389 directory server authentication for our single samba server.  We would like to add additional samba servers to the mix while still using the single ldap server. Is this possible.  I know I had to make a administrative connection between the samba server and the ldap server when I originally set it up and it created a "domain" or samba object, I am not sure what the proper term is.  I am guessing that under the directory tab, under my domain I will see an object for each machine.  Is this correct?

Thanks for the help.

David Hoskinson | DATATRAK
Systems Engineer
Mayfield Heights, Ohio, USA
+1.440.443.0082 x 124 (p) | +1.319.471.3689 (m)
david.hoskinson at datatrak.net<mailto:david.hoskinson at datatrak.net> | www.datatrak.net<http://www.datatrak.net/>