[389-users] How to export CA certificate into client from server

Grzegorz Dwornicki gd1100 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 23:35:43 UTC 2012

Well back in centos/redhat/fedora directory server this could be done like
this:

First you should check what certificates names you have in certutil
database. In slapd directory type:

certutil -d . -L

this should show you all certificates in database (server certificates
aswell). Usualy CA certs are named soo you could recognize them.

Now you need to chose the CA certificate from the list and use it in this
command:

certutil -d . -L -n "THE_NAME_OF_YOU_CA_CERT_HERE" -a > /root/ds-ca.crt

I did not use much 389 but i think this should work on 389 as well as on
el5 distros where I've tested this way of exporting certs.

Rest of atricle should be clear now. Remember to enable ssl/tls or starttls
on 389.

Good luck
Grzegorz