[389-users] How to export CA certificate into client from server

Grzegorz Dwornicki gd1100 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 11:21:35 UTC 2012

To make system aware of users in 389 you need to configure other files:
/etc/ldap.conf (el5 systems) or /etc/nss_ldap.conf (el6 systems) +
/etc/nsswitch.conf + PAM modules (/etc/pam.d/system-auth + install pam_ldap
module). On RHEL/Fedora/Centos/SL you can do this easy way using
authconfig, authconfig-tui or system-config-authentication. I don't
recommend messing manually with PAM without reading some docs about them,
because you can break login in your system.

Consider using one three tools I have toold about. They can modify all
required files. You may be required to install nss-pam-ldapd package on el6
systems for PAM to work, this will install nslcd daemon too as dependency.
I usually set FORLEGACY to yes in /etc/systemconfig/authconfig on el6
systems