[389-users] Problem after disabling anonymous binds

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Jun 21 15:26:15 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-21 16:20, Nathan Kinder wrote:
> On 06/21/2012 07:03 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this problem
>> before;
>>
>> Disabling anonymous binds causes the 389-console to be unable to
>> locate the entry corresponding to the user name used to login with (or
>> so it seems).
>>
>> In other words, disabling anonymous binds causes 389-console to be
>> rendered disfunctional ;-)
>>
>> I'd like to learn if this is a known problem, and/or whether there
>> is a known workaround for the issue.
>>

> What version of 389-ds-base and 389-admin are you running?

All of;

389-ds-base-1.2.11.1-1.fc17.x86_64
389-admin-1.1.29-1.fc17.x86_64

389-ds-base-1.2.9.14-1.el6_2.2.x86_64
389-admin-1.1.29-1.el6.x86_64

389-ds-base-1.2.9.9-1.el5
389-admin-1.1.29-1.el5

The console version on my workstation is:
389-console-1.1.7-2.fc17.noarch

> Have you tried using a full DN to login from 389-console instead of
> simply a uid?

I have, in a sense, actually; I normally just log in using 'admin', but
'cn=Directory Manager' wouldn't work either.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG