[389-users] Per host access

Iain Morgan Iain.Morgan at nasa.gov
Mon Mar 5 18:03:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 08:09:04 -0600, Ali Jawad wrote:
>    Hi
>    I did install 389 and LDAP authentication, what i need to do now is allow
>    access to users only to certain systems, I did checkout :
>    http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Posix#How_to_set_up_host_based_access_control
>    I tried the old method because I could not figure out the new method, I
>    did enable pam_check_host_attr "did not change any pam settings though"
>    and I have use_pam enabled in sshd_config, but the user was still able to
>    logon through SSH even though no hosts were listed in his attributes.
>    Please advice.
>    Regards

Hello,

What version of OpenSSH are you using and how did the user authenticate?
For example, did the user use publickey authentication instead of
password or challenge-response? Are you calling pam_ldap in the account
portion of your PAM stack? What do you see in the LDAP server's access
log when the user authenticates?

--
Iain Morgan