[389-users] Replication Referrals being reset unexpectedly

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Mar 7 04:11:34 UTC 2012

On 03/06/2012 07:33 PM, Michael R. Gettes wrote:
> 389-ds-base is 1.2.9.9 on EL5
>
> I have an MMR setup, 2 suppliers to 3 consumers.  I am replicating userRoot and netscapeRoot.
> All replication agreements are over SSL:636 using simple binds.  On the consumers, the referrals shown in the mapping tree (nsslapd-referral) are ldap://hostname:389/suffix for each supplier.  I need them to be ldaps://hostname:636/suffix.  I have changed them live and then I make an object change and it works as I would expect.  But when I restart the dsa the referrals are reset to ldap://hostname:389/suffix
>
> how do i prevent the nsslapd-referral attributes from being reset?
See
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Multi_Master_Replication-Configuring_the_Read_Only_Replicas_on_the_Consumer_Servers

 1.
    Specify the URL for any supplier servers to which to refer updates,
    such as the other suppliers in the multi-master replication set.
    Only specify the URL for the supplier server.
    For clients to bind using SSL, specify a URL beginning with |ldaps://|.

See also
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Configuration_Command_and_File_Reference/Core_Server_Configuration_Reference.html#Replication_Attributes_under_cnreplica_cnsuffixName_cnmapping_tree_cnconfig-nsDS5ReplicaReferral