[389-users] Master index (?!) feature request?

Diego Woitasen diego at woitasen.com.ar
Fri May 4 12:47:18 UTC 2012

I didn't know how to title this mail. I think this should be a feature
request in Track when I want to discuss this here first.

I have 389DS with 150 DBs with an structure similar to this:

dc=company,dc=com
ou=Headquarters,dc=company,dc=com
ou=Branch1,dc=company,dc=com
ou=Branch2,dc=company,dc=com
.
.
.
ou=Branch150,dc=company,dc=com

Each one of this subtrees are in separate DBs because I have subtree
replication between the 150 branches of the companies.

80% of the objects are in the ou=HeadQuarters. I've noticed that the
performance is definetely better when I use base ou=Headquarters in my
applications.

I have indexes on each DB but I think that the problem is that 389DS
doesn't have a master index or something to improve the searchs in
scenarios like mine.

May be the solution is to implemen another replication code that
doesn't required separate DBs for subtree replication.

Shall I file a ticket? Or there is a solution now?

Regards,
 Diego

--
Diego Woitasen