[389-users] disabled user attribute

Mark Reynolds mareynol at redhat.com
Fri May 11 15:42:31 UTC 2012

Hi Alberto,

We use "roles" for activating/disabling entries:

When a user is disabled, it is added to "disabled group":
cn=nsmanageddisabledrole,dc=example,dc=com

audit log:

dn: uid=scarter,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
add: nsRoleDN
nsRoleDN: cn=nsmanageddisabledrole,dc=example,dc=com

So to find all disabled users you can just search on:
"nsRoleDN=cn=nsmanageddisabledrole,dc=example,dc=com"

Mark