[389-users] compressed log files

Michael R. Gettes gettes at gmail.com
Mon May 21 15:18:10 UTC 2012

Hi,  I figured I would ask the question here before proceeding with a RFE.

I searched TRAC and couldn't locate any relevant tickets.

I'd like to have 389 compress rotated log files to save significant amounts of disk space.  Additionally, logconv.pl and other relevant tools would need to be modified to dynamically uncompress logfiles being processed (yes, I know I could gunzip -c and stuff like that but it would be easy to modify the tool to "do the right thing").  Is this a reasonable RFE or is it deemed "out of scope"?

thanks

/mrg