[389-users] password expiration warnings

Mark Reynolds mareynol at redhat.com
Wed May 30 20:47:51 UTC 2012

Hi Josh,

On 05/29/2012 10:58 AM, Josh Ellsworth wrote:

> Is there documentation showing how to get password expiration warnings
> to work? I have them enabled in the console but for some reason they
> aren’t being sent.

A response control is returned to the client.  It is the client's
responsibility to check for this response control and issue a warning
however it deems fit.

I don't believe the console checks for this control, but I know
ldapsearch/ldapmodify does.  The console was really designed for admins,
not end users.

You can always file a ticket to request this feature in the console:
https://fedorahosted.org/389/newticket

However, there are no immediate plans to do any more updates to the
console.  In the future we are planning on writing a new UI, but there
is no time table set yet.

> I am not sure where the SMTP relay is configured, etc and would like
> to be sure that everything is configured correctly.

Check this link out, but I don't see anything on an SNMP relay.  This
sounds like a OS setting, not a DS setting.  Sorry not really a SNMP guy.

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Monitoring_DS_Using_SNMP.html

Mark

> Josh
>
> --
>
> Joshua Ellsworth
>
> System Administrator, Primatics Financial
>
> Phone: 571.765.7528
>
> jellsworth at primaticsfinancial.com

Mark Reynolds
Senior Software Engineer