[389-users] LDAP authentication related - CANNOT change password by running passwd on clients

Dan Lavu dan at lavu.net
Thu Nov 1 20:19:30 UTC 2012

First I would check the ACI (Access Control Instruction), you will see in
IDM, which level in the Tree (ACI), right click, and goto ACI (You can view
all the inherited instructions) and make sure the users who login have the
permission to selfwrite.

The next part, by default this works, but I believe it depends on which
encryption and mapping you’re using for your password hash, so you have to
goto into the 389 config, check the hashing algorithm and check your
ldap.conf (or are you using sssd?) and make sure the password mapping
attribute is correct.

Hope this helps.

Dan