[389-users] 389 <=> AD group sync

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 15:25:41 UTC 2012

On 11/30/2012 07:47 AM, Matti Alho wrote:

>>> Ah sorry, here is an example of a group I'm trying to sync:
>>>
>>> dn: cn=wingrouptemp,ou=People,dc=domain,dc=com
>>> ntUniqueId: 9da16bd7236fb04285c419aefb9cb2a5
>>> ntGroupCreateNewGroup: on
>>> objectClass: top
>>> objectClass: groupofuniquenames
>>> objectClass: ntgroup
>>> uniqueMember: uid=test1,ou=People,dc=domain,dc=com
>>> uniqueMember: uid=test2,ou=People,dc=domain,dc=com
>>> ntUserDomainId: wingrouptemp
>>> cn: wingrouptemp
>>>
>>> Sync agreement is set for ou=People,dc=domain,dc=com and has "New
>>> Windows User Sync" and "New Windows Group Sync".
>>
>> And what change are you making to this group that is not being sent
>> to AD?
>
> The group itself or any changes.

So adding the group entry?  Or changing the membership?

> I mean if I create a group like that via 389 console, it doesn't
> appear in AD unless I trigger a full sync. Maybe I'm missing something
> obvious and/or simple?

I don't know.  Looks ok to me.  I guess the next step would be to
reproduce the problem with the
http://port389.org/wiki/FAQ#Troubleshooting Replication log level
enabled, and then look in the errors log to see why the group add
operation is not being sent to AD.