[389-users] ACL doesn't works

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 17:27:20 UTC 2012

Hello ALL,

I have a web base application and user authenticate web application using
Directory Service (FDS). I want to restrict some user to not allow to login
so i have implement host base deny ACL. But somehow it doesn't works. may
be i am missing something. following acl i have.

 (targetattr = "*") (version 3.0;acl "Host ACL";deny (all)(userdn =
> "ldap:///uid=test,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com") and (ip="10.101.100.236");)

But interesting thing is, it works with ldapsearch but not with Web
application?

~S