[389-users] Managed to chain via a database link once but not again

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 15:39:12 UTC 2013

On 04/10/2013 09:07 AM, Kevin Thorpe wrote:
> I followed these instructions and managed to chain to a client's
> external LDAP
> domain once. Deleted it while fiddling about and now I'm getting
> 'Critical extension
> unavailable'. WHICH extension? Nothing in the logs either so I have no
> clue as to
> where to look.
>
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:ChainToAD

What platform?  What version of 389-ds-base?
Looking at the code, it looks like this means that one of the controls
in the LDAP request is marked as critical, but is not in the list of
forwarded controls (nsTransmittedControls).  What is the LDAP client?
What is the requested operation?  Is there a way to get the list of
controls used by the client?

You might be able to get some additional logging by using the PLUGIN log
level
http://port389.org/wiki/FAQ#Troubleshooting