[389-users] Replicate memberOf from Active Directory

Dan Weintraub Dan.Weintraub at dealer.com
Thu Apr 18 16:07:27 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have a hopefully quickish question about memberOf attributes. I've got a
389 server replicating from an Active Directory setup. If I run a user
search against the LDAP interface of Active Directory I get memberOf:
attributes but they don't appear replicating to the 389 server.

I want to get those attributes from my 389 server and I was hoping for a
little guidance before I start digging into how to do this. Do I need to
install the plugin to get this replication working? It also seems like the
plugin could generate these attributes on its own. Would this be a good
idea? It seems like replicating the already existing attributes might be a
better idea, but I could be wrong. I have also read that the memberOf
attribute is stored as a "back-link" in AD so maybe this kind of data
can't be replicated?

Any thoughts or guidance on where to learn more would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks!
Dan

Dan Weintraub | Systems Engineer I