[389-users] Fwd: multi-master replication RFC reference

Archimedes Gaviola archimedes.gaviola at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 15:47:26 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:

>  On 08/16/2013 12:22 AM, Archimedes Gaviola wrote:
>
>   Hi,
>
> I would like to know if 389 DS closely follow this RFC specs
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3384 for multi-master replication support
>

> It is based on that work.  But it diverges in a few places.
>

>   since then it is not included in the lists of standards here
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation. If yes, what
> requirements are already supported and what are not?
>

> For what reason are you asking?  Note that there are no directory servers
> that implement complete support for RFC 3384.

That would be fine for now just as long as this RFC is the reference basis
for multi-master replication because I'll be using it as a supporting
reference document for my ongoing research on LDAP multi-master
replication. Any idea what makes any directory server implementations don't
have complete support on this RFC? Are there any requirements conflicting
or not appropriate to architectural design of any implementations?

Thanks a lot!