[389-users] 1.2.11.15 "rolls up" some objectclasses?

Colin Panisset colin.panisset at rea-group.com
Tue Dec 3 01:42:12 UTC 2013

I have a 4-way multi-master replication configuration; the servers are
slightly different versions, as below:

A - 1.2.9.9-1.el5 (CentOS 5)
B - 1.2.9.9-1.el5 (CentOS 5)
C - 1.2.10.2-20.el6_3 (CentOS 6)
D - 1.2.11.15-22.el6_4 (CentOS 6)

D was recently brought into the configuration to replace A (ultimately).

I initialized D as a consumer directly from A, and I've confirmed that
replication proceeds throughout the mesh without apparent incident --
there are no errors in /var/log/dirsrv/slapd*/errors relating to
replication.

The problem is that *some* objects under ou=people,dc=foo,dc=bar on D do
not show some objectclasses, notably "person" and
"organizationalPerson". These values don't show up in the output of
ldapsearch, via the console, or when used by an internal search process,
such as populating an nsFilteredRole.

These objects *do* have those objectclasses visible on all the other
servers (A, B, and C). Searches against those other servers return
expected results.

If I explicitly add the objectclass to the object via server D, the
objectclasses are now visible. Added objectclasses do not create
duplicates on the other servers in the replication mesh.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? The objects which exhibit
this behaviour don't seem to have any commonality with each other, and
are interspersed (by createtimestamp) with other almost identical
objects which do *not* exhibit the behaviour.

If the answer is "known bug fixed in version BLAH", then I'm perfectly
happy.

--
Colin Panisset
Tech Lead - Infrastructure, REA Group