[389-users] Can any one pleaese help me to install this patch ?? (Urgent Request)

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Sun Dec 29 00:28:18 UTC 2013

fosiul alam wrote:
> Hi
> I am using bellow version of rpm
>
> idm-console-framework-1.1.7-2.el6.noarch
> and I need to generate 2048 bit CSR via 389 console.
> Bellow link is showing a patch, but dont understand how to install it.
> https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/362
>
> Can any one please show me some light on this ??

AFAICT you need to patch the admin server, not the console, with this
patch:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/389/admin.git/commit/?id=4555aff338e70d646d4867460f37cfdd49b7f456

There were some related console changes but the admin server change was
to set the default to a 2048 key which is what you need, so no console
changes are needed.

As for how to apply it, you'll need to rebuild the binaries. It may be
as easy as grabbing the srpm and adding this as a patch, assuming it
applies cleanly to your source.

Or I guess alternatively use the certutil command directly to generate
the CSR.

rob