[389-users] passwordExpirationtime

Vesa Alho listat at alho.fi
Mon Feb 18 11:22:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm setting up new 389 ds servers and importing data from old 389
server. One thing is unclear to me. I would like to enforce password
expiration which was not used in old server. Could you explain the
following example value to me:

passwordExpirationTime: 2011 09 16 07 10 26 Z
=> does that mean YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS (I read max. value is Jan 18 2038)?
=> value does not seem to update automatically, no I need to update it
"manually"?

And how does directory wide setting "Password expires in __ days" relate
to this?

-Vesa