[389-users] Search operation takes too much time for respond

Jim Finn jamespfinn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:24:10 UTC 2013

logconv.pl is your friend.

What is the filter & attributes you are searching?  Are they indexed?

On Jan 2, 2013, at 6:01 AM, Balaji P <balajip at juniper.net> wrote:

  Hi All,

We are using 389 LDAP server which is having around <1000 objects. We have
a control script which is running as a separate process to perform the
search operation in the particular DN.. From the access log around 98%
Percentage the search operation estimation timeout value as 0 second. The
remaining 2% percentage we got different estimation timeout values like
(1-18) seconds. We did n’t observe any log error message in log file.  Also
we have some other java process running on the same machine.

Any idea what could be possible reason for search operation taking  more
time?  And how to debug this issue.

Thanks in advance,

With Regards,
Balaji P.