[389-users] Migrating fedora-ds 1.0.4 + 3.5.3 on Redhat 4 to a new server Redhat 6.4 with 389-ds + samba 3.5.10

German Waisvol german.waisvol at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 18:46:37 UTC 2013

Hi, i am working on a difficult project that consist on migrate an old
server Redhat 4 (fedora-ds 1.0.4 + samba 3.5.3) to a new Redhat 6
server(389-ds + samba 3.5.10)

I have followed the procedure to migrate fedora-ds to 389-ds (last version)
and it seem to be right. I can use ldapsearch on the new server, and  see
all the ldap tree and his users.

But, i'm not sure on how to make the samba migration.The document in this
link referred to a fresh installation:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Samba#What_will_you_gain_from_this_document.3F

I need a document that explains the step to migrate samba.

Please help me.

Best regards,