[389-users] Issue with users and groups

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Mon Jun 10 16:29:18 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 05:24:19PM +0000, Andy Spooner wrote:
> Hi
> I have created test users and a group in 389-ds but they do not appear on my test server when I run getent passwd or getent group.  Is it possible to provide me with a pointer and how to resolve this issue?
>
> My test configuration is:
>
> *         389-ds ldap and a test linux server
>
> *         O/S Rehat 6.4 on all servers
>
> *         SSL enabled. Tested and working
> In the outputs below I  have replaced the domain name with <myDomain> and certificate details with myCert
>
> Ldap.conf
> TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts
> TLS_CACERT /etc/openldap/cacerts/myCert.crt
> URI ldaps://ukdc1v-dldap04.<myDoman>.com/
> BASE dc=<myDomain>,dc=com

6.x uses the nslcd daemon (in the nss-pam-ldapd package) for looking up
nsswitch information and pam_ldap (in the pam_ldap package) for checking
and changing passwords.

The nslcd daemon consults /etc/nslcd.conf, and pam_ldap is configured to
look at /etc/pam_ldap.conf, so if you've only got your configuration in
/etc/ldap.conf, you'll need to add it to the other files.  And then make
sure that nslcd is started.

HTH,

Nalin