[389-users] Issue with users and groups

Andy Spooner andy.spooner at sf4u.com
Mon Jun 10 18:04:30 UTC 2013

Hi Nalin,
Thanks for the info. I checked /etc/pam_ldap.conf and /etc/nslcd.conf , see below. They seem to be configure correctly but still no joy. Nslcd wasn't running, so I have started it and set chkconfig to on.

/etc/pam_ldap.conf :
uri ldaps://ukdc1v-dldap04.sf4u.com/
ssl no
tls_cacertdir /etc/openldap/cacerts
tls_cacertfile /etc/openldap/cacerts/sf4u_CA.crt
pam_password md5

/etc/nslcd.conf :
uid nslcd
gid ldap
# This comment prevents repeated auto-migration of settings.
uri ldaps://ukdc1v-dldap04.sf4u.com/
base dc=sf4u,dc=com
ssl no
tls_cacertdir /etc/openldap/cacerts
tls_cacertfile /etc/ssl/sf4u_CA.crt
"/etc/nslcd.conf" 135L, 4339C

/etc/openldap/ldap.conf
TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts
TLS_CACERT /etc/openldap/cacerts/sf4u_CA.crt
URI ldaps://ukdc1v-dldap04.sf4u.com/
BASE dc=sf4u,dc=com