[389-users] ldbm errors when adding/modifying/deleting entries

Mahadevan, Venkat venkmaha at mail.ubc.ca
Tue Jun 11 20:57:08 UTC 2013

> This  error means that the server is not able to replace in the entry cache and old entry by a new one.
> It triggers the failure of the operation that is not committed although it has a csn.
> Do you have special tuning of the entry cache  (nsslapd-cachesize, nsslapd-cachememsize) ?

Hi Thierry,

Thank you very much for your great suggestion. I had left the nsslapd-cachememsize and
nsslapd-dbcachesize at their default values (around 10 megabytes in the out of the box RHEL
6.4 configuration). I increased these to 1 gigabyte each and now I do not see the problem
anymore. Thanks again!

Kind regards,

VM