[389-users] importing databases (with Console)

Vesa Alho listat at alho.fi
Wed Jun 12 07:03:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have been using Console to Export/Import subtrees between production
<=> qa <=> test

One question, is it possible to import the whole root suffix(
dc=domain,dc=com)? So far when I have needed to import subtree, I have
first deleted the old subtree and then imported it with the new data.
But you can't delete the root suffix from Console (which is by design I
think?). Importing the whole root suffix would be handy when I need to
copy data e.g. from production to test.

Mr. Vesa Alho