[389-users] svn authentication

Todor Petkov zakk at online.bg
Wed Jun 12 10:58:22 UTC 2013

On 12/06/2013 12:35 AM, Elizabeth Jones wrote:
> Have any of you run into problems using 389 DS for svn ldap
> authentication?  I just discovered that our svn instance is not
> authenticating successfully with our 389 DS, although I can see from
> tcpdumps that it is successfully pulling the password back. I'm
> wondering
> if there is something in the 389 DS that needs to be configured for
> svn
> that I haven't been able to find yet.
>
> thanks,
>
> Elizabeth J

Hello,

what do you mean by "not authenticating successfully"? Anything in
apache logs?
Otherwise here is my apache config, it works like a charm.

<Location /repos>
    DAV svn
    SVNParentPath /var/www/html/svn
    SVNListParentPath On

       AuthType Basic
       AuthzLDAPMethod ldap
       AuthzLDAPServer a.b.c.d
       AuthzLDAPUserBase ou=People,dc=domain.com
       AuthzLDAPUserKey uid
       AuthzLDAPUserScope base

       AuthType Basic
       AuthName "ldap at example.com"
       require valid-user

</Location>

Maybe the "AuthzLDAPUserKey" variable in your case is not
set/different?

Regards,