[389-users] svn authentication

Elizabeth Jones bajones at panix.com
Wed Jun 12 19:07:29 UTC 2013

> On 12/06/2013 12:35 AM, Elizabeth Jones wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> what do you mean by "not authenticating successfully"? Anything in
> apache logs?

The logs show this --
[Tue Jun 11 17:02:08 2013] [warn] [client a.b.c.d] [23830] auth_ldap
authenticate: user myuserID authentication failed; URI /svn/otc
[ldap_simple_bind_s() to check user credentials failed][Invalid
credentials]
[Tue Jun 11 17:02:08 2013] [error] [client a.b.c.d] user myuserID:
authentication failure for "/svn/otc": Password Mismatch

I looked at the httpd.conf file and I don't see anything like what you are
showing here. I didn't set up the svn server, so I'm thinking that they
must have done something else? ldapclient list shows that the server
itself is using the new 389 DS and I can authenticate as this user when I
login to the svn server. tcpdump is definitely showing the correct
user/password being returned from the ldap when I try to connect to the
svn repository.