[389-users] Questions about replication schedules

Rodney rferryman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 17:26:45 UTC 2013

I'm running 389 DS version 1.2.10.14 for all servers on RHEL 5.8 hosts.

First question, when defining the nsDS5ReplicaUpdateSchedule
attribute for the replication agreement. The Administration manual
says the format should look like this (with no dash in the time range):

nsDS5ReplicaUpdateSchedule: 0030 0045 0123456

The Configuration and Command-Line Tool Reference shows the
format of this attribute with a dash in the time range:

nsDS5ReplicaUpdateSchedule: 0030-0045 0123456

I was wondering which format is correct or do they both work?
I have chosen that 2nd format and get no errors.

Also in the errors log file for the LDAP master where the above agreement
is created, I see this in the log file one minute after the replication time
period is finished and would like to know if this normal for scheduled
replcations:

[13/Jun/2013:00:46:00 -0400] NSMMReplicationPlugin
    -agmt="cn=ldaphost(ldaphost:636): Incremental protocol: event
update_window_closed
     should not occur in state wait_for_window_to_open; going to sleep

          Thanks,
                    Rodney